Reflection
During my time of reflection on 2 Corinthians 2:5-6:2, one verse (2 Corinthians 5:10) stuck out the most and actually pointed out the main thought I had throughout this semester. This semester was the semester I really thought about my stewardship over all things in my life. For some odd reason, I had this mentality that I got this stewardship thing down. I only thought of certain aspects of stewardship in my life such as family, financial things, and work. However, I realized slowly that God was revealing another area in my life where I oblivious to and tremendously failing.
I never really thought deeply about studies. And quite honestly, studying was always the weakest side of me. My mentality was that I was okay with just getting by because I never considered any kind of studies as part of being a good steward for God’s kingdom. But thanks be to God, I started to realize in the beginning of this semester that I have to be a better steward over my studies as well, so that I can be a better witness later on. Moreover, I was convicted and reminded that we will give account to every work we have done in this body.
This verse actually hit me in a painful and uncomfortable way because majority of my grades are average and some border-lined. The more I look at my grades, I’m realizing how poorly I’m managing my stewardship on earth. And I’m shameful that I am not honoring God with the best of my abilities. There was a period of time that it also effected the way I interacted with other people. I felt like I didn’t have the right to encourage other people around me and lacking a lot as a leader, fellow sister at church, and just overall in general.
Thankfully though, God has reminded me of his gospel. First off, I’m refreshed and thankful that Christian’s faith is not work base. Secondly, after thinking and reflecting on his gospel, I was reminded that bringing encouragement doesn't stem from my own accomplishments and words. True encouragement can only come from Christ and His Word. No matter what circumstances or feelings I have during that time, that cannot be an excuse for me to not encourage others. Moreover, that’s also the reason why I cannot take his grace over my studies for granted. Instead, it gives me more of a reason to do my best in my studies. It took me awhile, but I’m really starting to understand how he has shown grace in my life by giving me opportunities to learn biology in a school where there are high biblical values. Even though this verse is very blunt and direct, it encouraged me to not waste my life away in laziness and really step up my game in my studies. It has also made it very clear to me of what’s up ahead in my life. There’s a purpose in everything that I do now on this earth that further extends out into eternity. In other words, I was reminded of how this life is short, and in soon time, I will appear before God giving account to all of my deeds. It motivates me to be diligent with these worldly responsibilities and to be a good steward over my studies.
I really do want to make an impact on this generation and be able to lead people to see Christ, but that really starts off with my own life. Verse 20 pointed out that we are Christ’s ambassadors, where God will make his appeal through us. My life has to demonstrate obedience to God’s Word and really have a lifestyle that reflects the faith that Christ gave. That is something that I’ll be consistently praying for this summer. And as far as my study goes, I need to make big changes in how I study and really put more time in it. Overall, looking back on this semester, I see that God was really breaking and humbling me. However, in light of that, I was reminded of how great God is, how precious Christ is, and how desperately I need His Spirit to guide me and correct me along the way. So even though there will be some aggravating changes, I am assured that God will be there to continually mold me in his likeness.
Comments
Post a Comment