Reflection on 11-03-17
Even at my utmost best, I fall infinitely short to the glory of God. Even with all my good intentions behind everything that I do, doesn't mean it's not tainted with sin.
What is it all for? All the things that you pursue and the things that you want to do well in.. what is it for and who is it for, really? You say it's to glorify God, but to be honest, God doesn't need any of the things that you offer. In fact, he's the one who provided it all for you in the first place. He has the whole universe in His hands, and here you are, pewney little you, bringing this pewney little thing and thinking that THAT will give him so much glory! Small-minded, self-centered human.
Then what actually gives God glory?
Your heart. Where is your heart?
God doesn't need riches. He doesn't want "things" from my life. He never asked for you to give him all the accomplishments you made. He never commanded you to be successful. He looks at our heart - heart's attitude, posture, devotion, and adoration of him every waking moment! Is he your foremost priority? God is infinitely great and powerful. Learning to trust in His goodness and His perfect will is something I'm continually being reminded of each and every hour. And it's something I must remind myself each day. Oh how forgetful I am and what hardened heart I have before the Lord. Forgive me!
Praise the Lord for his great mercy and grace! May my heart long after you infinitely more than successes and accomplishment! May I be more desperate to obey you than to serve you. Protect me from having my heart go the opposite way. May I learn to grow from these sinful mistakes and the sinful mistakes that have been committed against you by people from the past in your Scripture! Guide me so that I may walk according to YOUR likeness and not of my own. Thank you Lord, for you have been faithful and You will always be faithful to your promises! May my heart and mind grow to trust and submit onto you and you alone! Amen!
What is it all for? All the things that you pursue and the things that you want to do well in.. what is it for and who is it for, really? You say it's to glorify God, but to be honest, God doesn't need any of the things that you offer. In fact, he's the one who provided it all for you in the first place. He has the whole universe in His hands, and here you are, pewney little you, bringing this pewney little thing and thinking that THAT will give him so much glory! Small-minded, self-centered human.
Then what actually gives God glory?
Your heart. Where is your heart?
God doesn't need riches. He doesn't want "things" from my life. He never asked for you to give him all the accomplishments you made. He never commanded you to be successful. He looks at our heart - heart's attitude, posture, devotion, and adoration of him every waking moment! Is he your foremost priority? God is infinitely great and powerful. Learning to trust in His goodness and His perfect will is something I'm continually being reminded of each and every hour. And it's something I must remind myself each day. Oh how forgetful I am and what hardened heart I have before the Lord. Forgive me!
Praise the Lord for his great mercy and grace! May my heart long after you infinitely more than successes and accomplishment! May I be more desperate to obey you than to serve you. Protect me from having my heart go the opposite way. May I learn to grow from these sinful mistakes and the sinful mistakes that have been committed against you by people from the past in your Scripture! Guide me so that I may walk according to YOUR likeness and not of my own. Thank you Lord, for you have been faithful and You will always be faithful to your promises! May my heart and mind grow to trust and submit onto you and you alone! Amen!
Comments
Post a Comment